Change the velocity of your MIDI instruments
What is it?
VelPro is a velocity fixer for your USB MIDI keyboard controllers. It runs on Windows® and OSX®.
VelPro lets you create a custom response curve for each note of your keyboard.
You may need it if you:
- Are not satisfied with how your keyboard responds out of the box => correct its behaviour using our application.
- Tend to hit the keys too soft or too hard (if you're used to a real piano for instance) => make your controller adapt to your touch.
To cope with the multitude of existing controllers, Velpro lets you customize:
- The default response curve that will be applied to every note
- Unless you tell it to use a specific curve:
- For every black key
- For every white key
- For each individual note
- For a selection of notes of your choice
Real life example
David uses a QRS PNOscan II MIDI strip sensor hidden into his upright Steinway Model F from 1885.
The sensor sends MIDI data to a Surface tablet running Pianoteq from Modartt to synthesize realistic piano sounds.
VelPro processes this MIDI data before it hits the synthesizer. This way, David can have the exact musical response expected from a real piano.
How to use it?
- Plug your controller
- Select and enable it
- Change the default velocity response
New in version 1.2
Copy/paste a curve to any number of notes at once with this new dialog that lets you select all the notes on the keyboard that you want the current curve to be applied to.
A new menu item lets you display the numeric velocity values (between 0 and 127) instead of the arbitrary musical notation (pianissimo, mezzo forte, etc).
The buggy legends are also fixed now. Placing a point above the "50" mark does really mean it's at 50 now! 😅
No need to guess the values anymore. You can now see the precise x and y velocity values of a point when hovering the mouse.
Also, the points now snap to a grid so that you don't end up in between two velocities, not knowing which one will be applied.
Now works as expected on newest Mac models
New in version 1.1
Every modification you make to a velocity curve can be undone / redone.
On Windows, there was a limitation to the number of applications that could connect to the virtual port created by VelPro
Now when the MIDI input is disabled, increase the Instances counter to create more virtual ports. The modified signal will get forwarded to all those ports. You can create up to 10 for each device.
For the same MIDI controller, you can now store several presets in VelPro!
Your settings from version 1.0 will automatically be imported as an "Init" preset the first time you run version 1.1
- PC with Windows® 8 up to Windows® 10 - 64bit.
- Mac with OSX 10.9 or more recent.
- A USB MIDI Controller Keyboard
Click Checkout and validate your cart. Once you're done, you will receive an email containing all the instructions for activation.
- Your Springbeats account lets you manage your subscriptions and download your license again in case you lose it.
- Your license can be activated on 3 different machines.
- For more information about our data retaining policy, please read our legal notice.
Need help? Don't hesitate, contact us at email@example.com.
Only 39.90 €
Frequently Asked Questions
Payment is processed by https://www.2checkout.com (now Verifone). They have all the certifications required such as PCI-DSS, and accept different types of payment and credit cards, as well as Paypal.
If your machine is not connected, or you have issues accessing the activation server, you can just go through the manual procedure:
- Download this small MachineID tool: Windows version or Mac version
- Put in on the computer you want to activate, and run it there
- Copy the ID it gives you into an email or a support contact form, along with the name of your computer
- Send me the form or email
- I'll get back to you asap with a license key file you can put on your computer
Download Demo Version
Demo version does not save your presets! Please consider purchasing a full license if you like the product and would like to unlock its full potential!